Ottawa Valley Waste Recovery Centre
The Ottawa Valley Waste Recovery Centre (OVWRC) is committed to "Working Together to Walk Lightly on the Environment" with our community as a whole. We are dedicated to leadership and innovation in our field. As good corporate citizens, environmental protection is a core organizational objective and the responsibility of all our employees. Our goals are to minimize our impact on the ecosystem, continually working to achieve and surpass our goals, and build upon efforts for pollution prevention and waste diversion. With our community, we are partners in environmental stewardship.
- Comply with all applicable environmental laws, regulations, OVWMB policies and other corporate requirements (i.e., ISO 14001)
- Practice pollution prevention through our action, education, training and communication with our community, and encourage and welcome public participation
- Reduce the impact to our landfill through preservation of landfill capacity through waste diversion activities
- Minimize the regional impact to land through optimizing landfill practices and harmonizing regional waste management
- Promote the efficient use and preservation of natural resources and energy through innovative 3Rs composting programs for waste materials.
- Foster environmental management by involving our community as a whole (residents and commercial), and through our responsibility to ensure out-sourced services share our environmental management system values
- Implement our environmental management system through programs and communications by setting appropriate goals, objectives and targets
- Reduce the quantity and toxicity of materials used and waste generated from our communities
- Link environmental management to occupational health and safety, and to the quality of our operations and products
- Promote pride for a job well done and build upon support from community for environmental stewardship
- Communicate our environmental management system to our community through various mediums including our website, public liaison committee and The Valley Recycler newsletter
- Monitor our impacts on the environment and performance through critical control points (i.e., landfill leach ate, compost odours)
- Continuously work to improve the effectiveness of our environmental management system and thus, ensuring continued protection of the environment
- Ensure all OVWRC employees understand, implement and maintain our environmental policy through their daily operational activities.
Ottawa Valley Waste Recovery Centre has been a member since April 1st 2007
900 Woito Station Road
Pembroke, Ontario, Canada